STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDER SIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light background Photos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online _ Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. Admission letter in original duly signed and stamped with contact details from an Indian university/school or higher education establishment to follow a full-time course.
7. Copies with originals of applicant’s previous educational qualifications i.e. Jr. & Sr. Secondary certificates, Mark Sheets, Diploma, Birth Certificate duly attested either by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Education.
8. A letter of support with contact details from the parent/guardian accompanied by a bank guarantee/certificate with a copy of Identity Card. In case of sponsorship of higher education from the State Government, a letter in original duly stamped and signed with contact details of the officer concerned.
9. Evidence of transfer of adequate funds for at least 4 months sustenance in India or production of traveller’s cheques for a similar amount.
10. Indian university/ college/ school to email following to HCI email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (For Lagos: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) from their official email id with copy to the applicant. Applicant is to attach a printout of the invitation and the email with the visa application form.
(i) Offer /admission letter.
(ii) Undertaking by Indian university/ college/ schoolto be responsiblefor the student during his stay in India and undertake regular FRRO verifications.
(iii) Undertaking by Indian university/ college/ school to reside student in hostel on campus.
11. Student visas would be considered only for regular academic courses from renowned Indian Universities.
Foreign students already sought admission in India and have completed first year of their studies should ensure that they get their visas extended well before time while in India before returning to their country of origin on vacation. In emergency situations, they are advised to visit the nearest FRRO/FRO’s office for extension of visa with prior permission obtained from the University/educational institution.
i) In case of provisional admission, registration required within 14 days of arrival in India and then again, on confirmation of admission, within 90 days of arrival with the requisite documents.
ii) Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview by the Consular Officer.